In February 2013, McFarlane Toys announced teaming up with Ubisoft for a new Assassin's Creed (AC) action figure line. The following is a listing of all the AC action figures released so far (It appears they stopped the line in 2015. Ubisoft took a break and did not release a game in 2016):
- AC III
- Connor (main outfit)
- Connor (New York Outfit) (Walgreens Exclusive)
- Haytham Kenway
- Ratonhnhaké:ton (Conor's real name with outfit from the DLC)
- AC IV: Black Flag
- Edward Kenway
- Benjamin Hornigold
- Black Bart (Amazon Exclusive)
- Black Beard (Gamestop Exclusive)
- Golden Age of Piracy (3 in 1 package with Black Bart, Black Beard, and Benjamin Hornigold) (Walmart Exclusive)
- Connor (Mohawk) [AC III]
- Aveline De Grandpre [AC III: Liberation]
- Adewale [AC IV: Black Flag]
- Altair Ibn-La'Ahad [Assassin's Creed]
- Ezio Auditore Da Firenze [AC: Revelations]
- Edward Kenway (Mayan Outfit) (Target Exclusive) [AC IV:Black Flag]
- Ah Tabai (Walgreens Exclusive) [AC IV: Black Flag]
- Arno Dorian [AC Unity]
- Arno Dorian (Exclusive McFarlane designed outfit) [AC Unity]
- Arno Dorian (Eagle Vision) [AC Unity]
- Shay Cormac [AC Rogue]
- Jacob Frye (Gamestop Exclusive) [AC Syndicate]
- Connor (Revolutionary red/white/blue outfit) [AC III]
- Ezio Auditore Da Firenze (Il Tricolore outfit) [AC Revelations]
- Jacob Frye (Union outfit) [AC Syndicate]
Despite having significant importance or being a main character in their respective games, Elise and Evie Frye did not get their own action figures from this toy line.
One could argue that this line consist only of the main characters, but most of the pirates only worked with Edward Kenway. The same with Ah Tabai. We only talk to him a few times in Black Flag and I don't get why he got his own action figure. What about Anne Bonny or James Kidd? They were pirates and definitely more significant to the game's story than Ah Tabai. Why not have Elise or Evie, who are main characters in the game?
One could say they only wanted to feature assassins and not the villains. Then why do they have Haytham Kenway? What about Shay Cormac (Assassin turned Templar headlining his own game)? Elise was the daughter of a Templar and was a Templar herself. Arno was raised by a Templar (Elise's father) after Arno's father was murdered by a Templar. Assassin's Creed Unity's story was a turning point in the series, showing the gray areas of the battle between Assassins and Templars. The cooler heads of Arno and Elise's fathers was working together for the good of the people. But then factions within the Assassins and Templar orders did not want them working together. But I digress.
I feel that they should have had people who know the Assassin's Creed games, gotten their input on which characters are relatable, and released the action figures for them.