Saturday, December 31, 2011

30 Days of Truth - Day 30...FINALLY!!!

A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself

Hi,

You're probably wondering why I've been holding this off for a long time. I started this 30 Days of Truth thing last year in October. It's been more than a year. I think it's time that I ended this before the new year begins.

I love that you remember almost everything. I love that you can recall specific memories as far back as when you were still a baby. Don't ever lose it.

I love your taste in music. It's eclectic. You're everywhere. You don't discriminate musical styles unless they suck.

I love that you can connect with kids and make them laugh very easily. You're gonna be a great father someday.

I love that you're a romantic... that you still believe in fairy tales... that you believe that anything is and can be possible.

I love that you can shuffle like the best of them. You were always the overactive kid since you were little. You somehow forgot about it growing up. I'm glad you got that swagger back again.


I love that you value family and friends... that you're friendly... that you're a bit traditional... that you are not afraid to try new things... that you would dress up in costumes for conventions... that you love your sisters... that you love your mom... that you love your dad and stepdad... that you love your family... that you loved...

You're probably getting all mushy with all this "love" talk, thinking this is all too cheesy. I'm sorry you feel that way. You can't deny it. Resistance is futile.

The thing is, I don't easily just say this to anyone. I haven't said this to you in a long time. It's not that I don't. I was disappointed in you when you let it fall apart. Actually, that's not it. I was scared. The thing is, I still see you as this super hero who can overcome anything.

I just wanted to say that I'm proud of you. I know you broke down, but after all this time, no matter how bad it gets, you still take everything to heart. No matter how badly you were hurt, you didn't let it change you. You're not jaded. You still get up. You never give up. I tell you, I wanna be that kind of a person. That's why I love you.

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment