Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Bunch of Games I Completed

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

I bought the Dual Pack Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves back in 2013, I believe. The game is like an Indiana Jones type adventure, looking for a lost forgotten treasure, getting there before the bad guys do, collecting artifacts along the way, lots of climbing and shooting, and just great storytelling. I didn't see much change in the controls as in the Drake's Fortune. The story has improved as well as the graphics. It's still one of the better games to come out for the PS3 and I'm glad I got to play it. I just need to make some time to play the next one, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.


The Walking Dead Season 2: A Telltale Game Series

There's not much I can say that hasn't been said with the first game. It's based on the the Walking Dead series. It takes place in the same area, with different characters. The story picks up several months after the first game. This time, you're playing as Clementine.

Not much has changed from the gameplay. It's a story-driven game that factor's in your responses and decisions. There are segments that let's you move around to explore an area or timed events such as shooting walkers and avoiding them. As for the story, it's a lot sadder and makes you feel hopeless for the characters. The main difference this time compared to the first game are the multiple endings.

The first game was mostly one-sided. There were some decisions that affected who lives and dies based on who you choose to save. This time, the last few decisions in the last episode affects the endings. There are 5 branching scenarios. Each of them are as valid as the other. It really depends on which side you choose and your reaction. They're also planning a sequel. The decisions you made carries over to the next game.


Bioshock

I didn't play this game when it first came out 2007. The game is set in 1960. You guide the protagonist after his plane crashes in the Atlantic ocean near a tiny island with a lighthouse. It turns out this was a bathysphere terminus that leads to the underwater city of Rapture.

Long story short, a very wealthy business magnate created an underwater utopia for society's elites to flourish outside of government control. Of course, left unchecked, they were free to do all their scientific experiments, including gene manipulation and splicing. This divided the inhabitants into two camps, erupting into a war inside Rapture. That's where your character comes in.

It's a story-driven first person shooter unlike any other. There's something fundamentally messed up with the overall story. I think it has to do with people playing god. There's also the scare factor of the splicers (mutated inhabitants) in Rapture.


Rainbow Moon

Rainbow Moon is a tactical, turn-based RPG that borrows elements from dungeon crawling games. As far as game mechanics is concerned, it's a complete game. The story is weak and generic at best. The game also relies too much on grinding to level up. That's actually a turn off for me.


SkyDive: Proximity Flight

After watching the skyfall cheat in Grand Theft Auto V multiple times on YouTube, I thought about buying the game. Then I realized that I'd just be buying the game because I wanted to do the the skyfall cheat. So I looked around to see if there are any games centered on skydiving. I found two games on the PlayStation Network. One of them is SkyDive: Proximity Flight.

The name is actually a misinterpretation. This is a wingsuit flying game with a focus on proximity flight (falling with style). Probably the most fun I've had in any game.


DuckTales: Remastered

The first game came out for the NES. They remastered and converted the 8-bit graphics into HD. It's the same gameplay that I saw other people play in the shopping malls when I was a kid. Definitely worth the nostalgia.



I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment