Thursday, April 20, 2017

Where Do You See Yourself In Five Years?

This is a question that came up a lot in my job interviews over the past 8 years. Starting off after college, I didn't really know what I see myself doing professionally. Eight years later and I still don't know. But now I have an idea. I've accumulated enough work experience on multiple roles from five different jobs.

Earlier this year, two managers from my team of 50+ members approached me and had the silly idea to have me lead a project for our client. It's a short term project which our company had never done before and they figured I was the right fit for this task. It also doubled as a test run for what I can do with it. They've been throwing around the idea of giving me one of our existing programs as a team lead.

The short term project just ended. I recently completed my analysis and sent it to my managers for review before sending it to the client. Impressed by my post analysis of the project, our head project manager shopped around my PowerPoint presentation to our company's big shots and our client lead, who said "job well job." I'm humbled by all this praise, giving a boost to my ego.

I just had my interview with one of our managers and former team lead for a project management position. Apparently I'm the only one qualified among those who sent their application. Other than formalities and signed documents, I think the position is all but mine.

Hoping for the best.

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment