Monday, July 10, 2017

"Anti-Social" on Social Media

Not sure if that's a thing now.

The proper term is "asocial." When my cousins are on their phones during dinner the whole time, my aunt says they are being "anti social" (or non-socializing).

In any case, its hermit mode for me on and offline. I have no energy to talk to people on a Facebook. No energy to comment. Probably a like or react. Same situation offline.

Maybe I like the passiveness of my tiny blog in the corner of the web, writing down everything, unfiltered to a degree. Whereas a Facebook status update, a tweet, or a comment on everything social media + forums often elicit instant replies, likes/reacts, share/retweets, almost like face-to-face interactions which warrant a follow up response.

Ironically, this was the case for blogging. But technology has caught up and, with a smartphone readily available, you can update on the fly.

Maybe I just need to detox. Probably not the proper term.

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment