Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Final Fantasy III DS First Impression

So I'm starting up Final Fantasy III for the DS. This isn't the same Final Fantasy III that came out for the Super Nintendo many years ago, which was actually Final Fantasy VI in Japan. This is the 3D remake of the original Final Fantasy III game that came out for the Famicom (Nintendo in the US). I played a fan-translated ROM of this game back in 1999 (I'm so old). I expect the similar gameplay as Final Fantasy V. For those who haven't played it, it's the same job class system found in Final Fantasy Tactics, except less polished.

I've only been playing for a few minutes and I'm already hooked to it. It's the classic turn-based battle found in previous Final Fantasy games before 7. There are no limit breaks or Active Time Battles, but it's never stopped me from completing Final Fantasy I. Here's to hoping I don't lose sleep.

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment