Monday, March 26, 2012

Another Offer

 
So my bosses sat me down again on Friday. They wanted to know where I am in my job search. They relayed our agreement from last week that I would be under the consulting contract and to give them two-weeks notice when I'm leaving. They agreed, but they really want to keep me and increased their previous offer. On top of that, medical benefits, two-week vacation leave, 1 week sick leave and if it gets approved, they can increase my salary some more.

My co-worker's replacement is less than competent. She hasn't worked in 8 years. When they interviewed her two-weeks ago, on Wednesday, they were interviewing her for a backup position. That same day, my boss asked if she could start the next day. That was the same day my co-worker put in her two-weeks notice. We're trying to catch her up with everything. My boss kept reassuring me that it will take her two to three weeks to pick up everything. I think it will take a lot longer than that. The thing with most programmers is that they don't interact with customers. It's a project manager's job to handing these interactions. Even then, she barely knows how to operating Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook. My bosses are pretty much desperate at this point to put butts in the seats. I'm sure she's a nice person, but, like my co-worker's replacement in my last job, there's no room for slowing down the process. Right now, she's not showing signs of picking up the process as quickly as we hoped she would. I really can't babysit for 3-4 months.

I told them I'm still deciding. They asked me what my concerns are and why I'm leaving. I can't really tell them to their faces that it's because of their corrupt and shady activities that's making me uncomfortable. I don't want to be part of it. I don't want to be held liable with our contracts. When our project manager left the company, she deleted all her emails in her account. After a few days, she couldn't access her account anymore. She later found out from one of her contacts through the phone that her account is still receiving emails. Apparently, my boss is answer our PM's emails, typing a message saying to forward the questions/inquiries to our boss, and signing off as our PM. Do you know how shady that is? On top saying we have "THIS" many employees and "THIS" many projects when we only have 5 employees currently and only one project, I don't want to be a part of it. As good as that money they're offering me sounds, it's not all that. They told me to think it over the weekend. I told them I would, but I'm still one foot out the door.

I have two job prospects that have stopped calling. I have two other ones right now close to home. Kind of a funny situation, both companies are next door/floor neighbors in the same building. I did a phone screen earlier today with one. My application has been submitted to HR in another. Hopefully they want to schedule a meet up around the same time.

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment