Thursday, June 21, 2012

Diary of a Returning Gamer #8

I was sure that I would retire these things when I wrote the last one in October last year. But I was in another job transition and found myself in this oh so wonderful job right now (I'm just gushing with enthusiasm). In summation, I was off the gaming grid. I neglected my PS3 and Nintendo DS games, shoved in the corner of my previously untidy bookshelf, collecting soot and dust. Not anymore. I'm a returning gamer, again.

Several weeks ago, I did inventory on games that I have yet to play from start to finish. Note that 'finish' is different from 'completion,' which requires a lot more time and dedication... something I used to have in middle school, high school, during the summer and while unemployed. Anywho, I have about 10 games that match the criteria. There's one game that I already finished, but only 94% completed (at least that's what my PS3 Trophy achievements tell me). It irks me that I'm soooooo close, but I'll have to bench this game for the time being.


I downloaded Portal from Steam for free. I think I'm only 2 chapters away from finishing the game. I'm not gonna bother with time-attack mode. I don't think I'm buying Portal 2. My gaming preference is determined by the story. Portal's is not my cup of tea. I'd probably just watch the videos online.


I downloaded Limbo last year and I haven't beaten the game. I'll probably have to sit down one afternoon/night and just get it over with.


I started playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 two weeks ago. I just got passed Act I and working my way in Act II. I bought this game last year and just opened the game earlier this month. After I finish campaign mode, I'll probably go through Spec Ops mode and see what the fuss is about. I still think they should have released two versions of the game: Campaign mode and for the multi-player crowd. I mostly care about story mode (campaign).


I started playing Silent Hill: Homecoming in 2010 after it was introduced to me from crazy/mentally unstable OKCupid girl. I'm almost done with the game, but it's never done until you're staring the screen and saying to yourself "WTF, mate!?!" while the credits are rolling, accompanied by butt rock. Once I finish the game, I would still have to finish it again for the different endings. The good thing is that it's easier the next time around with better weapons.


I still have Silent Hill: Downpour to go through. I told myself I wouldn't buy another game until I beat my other games, but this was surprisingly down priced. I had to buy it.


Heavy Rain is another game with multiple endings. But I don't care much. It's an interactive movie/cinema game, heavy on the story side. Just my type of games.


I lost all my save points for Fallout 3 after I got a new PS3. I think I've had my fill of Fallout. After going through most of the game, I think I'm all quested out. It got too repetitive that I didn't even bother buying Skyrim. I think I'll sell this game and get something else.



I've been enjoying Wipeout HD and the add-on Fury. But it's a racing game. There's only so much you can do with that. It's a free game I got from Sony after their PSN downtime last year.


I got inFAMOUS as a free game from Sony, too. It's a superhero sandbox game like Grand Theft Auto 3, which lets you decided whether you are good or evil.


Final Fantasy XIII. What can I say? This game broke my fat PS3. I have a two-year warranty on my new PS3. Hopefully nothing breaks when I start playing this game again. FF XIII-2 already came out.
I have three DS games that I have yet to finish:
  • Phoenix Wright 2: Ace Attorney: Justice For All
  • Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
  • Suikoden Tierkreis
There are just too many games. I'm not even counting PC games, PS1, PS2 and Nintendo Wii games that we have. On top of that, I have my TV addiction. Technically, I have all the free time. I'm just too lazy to get lazy.

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment