Monday, March 31, 2014

Pet Peeve: Judging a Story by it's Ending

Books. Movies. TV Shows. Radio Dramas. Comics.

I guess this goes hand-in-hand with people who don't like spoilers. Personally, I'd be pretty pissed off if someone purposely told me a plot twist or an ending. Other than that, accidents happen. Shit happens. Nothing I can do about it, but I'd still want to know how everything unfolded.

I can't wrap my head around people who think a book or a movie is bad or good based on the ending. I guess I sort of have an idea. It's a pessimistic view. I mean, we're all going to die someday. Not now. But some time in the future. That's our ending. So these people already have that bleak outlook on life.

It's detrimental. People miss out on a lot because of this self-exclusion rule.

Anyway, saw the How I Met Your Mother finale. Part of me was a little disappointed with the ending. However, looking back at the past episodes, it was leading up to this and ultimately it's conclusion. It was nice way of ending it. Not everything is happy-go-lucky and cookie-cutter. Just like real life, not everything is perfect. I like that. It was brutally honest.

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment