Monday, August 2, 2010

Otakon 2010 Day 2


I dressed up as Teito Klein from 07-Ghost. Some people were really impressed with my Bascule prop. Around 2PM, someone pulled the fire alarm and everyone in the convention were lead out. I drove my sister home for her Paramour concert which wasn't until 6:30PM. I still feel bad about taking her home early. I'll make it up for her. I drove back and met with my 07-Ghost photoshoot. It shouldn't come as a surprise, but I was the only guy in the group. After the photoshoot, we did another one in the outdoor terrace and hanged out with my group inside the convention. We left and said our goodbyes and I changed into something more comfortable.... IT'S RAVE TIME!!!


It was my first rave. Best night ever. There was a separate room for Drums n' Bass. The main area was more rave-like. Even so, it was great. I met my friend from my Muvico Theater days. He was in a circle battling another dancer. So glad I saw him. He pulled out invitations to go to his hotel room for an after party. I stayed there for about 2 hours before deciding to head back out. Then I saw Tito and Katie lining up. So I lined back up with them. In there we danced our ass off while I shuffled when the music fits. I met Sudhir in the line previously and he was carrying glow sticks. He gave me green glow sticks so I started raving. Eventually I got tired doing the hand motions I placed them on my shoes. They looked cooler when I do the Melbourne Shuffle with them. To give you an idea of what the Melbourne Shuffle is, watch this youtube video. This is basically what I did.



I ended up staying over the hotel for the night. Because of that, I couldn't take pictures on Sunday because I left my camera in my car. I spent the rest of Otakon on Sunday with my friend, Tito and Katie. We were in the dealers room and went around being indecisive about what to buy. I left around 12 noon. Overall it was a great weekend.

Here are the photos from Saturday in Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment