Friday, December 31, 2010

Final Fantasy XIII First Impressions

So I just started playing Final Fantasy XIII. This game is major eye-candy. There are some scenes where you'd think it's computer animated video, but it's actually real-time in-game graphics. The White engine is really remarkable.

Then it just went kind of mediocre from there. This game is so linear. You can't backtrack to previous maps. The only way is going forward. To get items, you access them through the save points and shop through various networks. The battle system is so-so right now. I like the combo-chains of successive actions, resulting staggering your enemies to a point where they don't attack for a few seconds while your characters are free to continuously pummel them with higher damage.

I'm just starting the game, so I really hope the story is very worth it. That's how I judge my RPGs, anyway.

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment