Tuesday, August 16, 2011

30 Days of Truth - Day 26

Have you ever thought about giving up on life?

A few times.

When I was a kid, I was acting up for being scolded. Trying to get attention.

As a teenager in middle school, these thoughts were in my head. I wasn't suicidal, but I was thinking about the concept. Our Health teacher in 8th grade thought I was suicidal because of my responses and sent them to my mom. Complete misunderstanding.

High school was a breeze for me. I did well in my classes and I could have opted to graduate a semester early.

College was the when everything was just stressful. Failing and bad grades. Relationship problems. Not necessarily gave up my life, but I gave up on myself. In a way, I gave up on living.

Then it hit me on my first job after college. At the time, people told me to move on, suck it up, get on with it. You guys either haven't gone through anything like it before or that you did and was jaded by the experience. I've seen people gone through more hardships than me and allowed that to change them for the worse. Maybe they were assholes to begin with. Nevertheless, I overcame that obstacle.

I think everyone should strive to keep improving themselves without changing their personality... unless it was ugly to begin with. If so, change that, first.

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment