Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012: A Recap

Let's see... I accomplished 9 more on my 101 list this year.
  • #02 - Finish a 2 pound (or more steak in one sitting: I ate at a restaurant inside the cruise last summer where they served all kinds of meat on steel skewers. I mostly got steak and I'm pretty sure I ate 2 pounds worth.
  • #31 - Travel/Visit northern places (Alaska, Quebec, etc): The cruise went to Alaska and Victoria BC. We then went to Vancouver to visit my cousin.
  • #42 - Visit Harry Potter Theme Park: I had extra credit on Southwest Airlines for my trip Seattle trip on the cruise to Alaska. I had to use it by January 2013. So I went to Universal Orlando Resort. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was the highlight of my trip.
  • #43 - Rock climbing: There was a rock climbing wall in the cruise last summer. Didn't even know this was on the list. I just wanted to try rock climbing. Mission Accomplished.
  • #59 - Go on a cruise: Yes I did.
  • #67 - Travel by myself: Did this by going to Orlando by myself :)
  • #68 - Sabbatical to do anything: I have no regrets quitting my job this past summer. Not working for 4 months was the most I've not worked since I got my first job after college. This was unplanned. My goal for this to do 1 year sabbatical... If I was made of money, I probably could do this. But this will do for now. Maybe in the future :)
  • #70 - See a shooting star: On December 13, 2012 at around 11PM (Eastern), we went outside to see the meteor shower. I saw multiple shooting stars that night. It was my first time ever. I didn't even know I got one on camera :)

  • #76 - Be an audience member to any show: The Fear Factor Live show at Universal Studios was looking for audience members to volunteer for the show. I got in the eating challenge. It was a slushie of meat parts, fish bits, spoiled milk and bugs. Yum.
Now a monthly recap...

January - The month started out really bad. Of all the jobs to land on, it had to be this wife and husband team of a small company. The day I started work in December was the last day of the guy who I didn't know I was going to replace. The owners weren't there. January was settling into the new job while looking for another one at the same time.

February - Birfhday month... close enough.

March - I was ramping up my interviews with other companies. I really thought I would get this one job, but I didn't. It was a tough blow at the moment. I really wanted out of my current job at the time. I renegotiated my contract with the job. Instead of bringing me on board as permanent, I told them I'll stay as a contractor. I told them I wasn't sure about staying with them.

April - At the end of the month, I decided to become a permanent employee with my company at the time. I had no intention of staying nor I had any intention of bending over for them. They screwed with me on my first day of the job. I gave them a chance the next few weeks. Still nothing. I gave them another chance the next two months, still nothing. There was no turning back. I was only staying with them until I couldn't take it anymore.

May - Went to NYC on Memorial Day weekend. Went up there with friends and met up with local friends. It was a fun trip :)

June - More trouble at work. Did not give a damn at all. I was busy preparing for the cruise at the end of June and towards Independence day. Very relaxing.

July - Ultimatum MY ASS. I quit my job. Left them scrambling for what to do. Tried to hide it from the prime contractor like they did with the guy I replaced, but I told them directly. I also quit the day before Otakon started. It was a great weekend.

August - Job hunting. But for the most part, I was just relieved that I left the job. I also bought the entire Assassin's Creed series and reserved Assassin's Creed III, which would come out in October.

September - It was a pretty tame month. Trolls and arguments on Xanga... the usual. I was busy playing videogames.

October - Political posts were ramping up, leading to the November election. Job searching and relaxing.

November - Got offered a job before Thanksgiving. Had Thanksgiving with my sister. Accepted the job. Went to Universal Orlando Resort the week after Thanksgiving. Gaming, still.

December - Started work on the 10th. Saw a shooting star. Christmas. New Year's Eve. iPad mini. Gifts. The Gods Must Be Crazy series. Saying goodbye to Gangnam Style and YOLO...

Here's to a fruitful 2013.


I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment