Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Life Update

  1. I tried. I even listened to it a few more times, but I just can't get into Justin's "Suit &Tie." Macklemore's "Thrift Store" is pretty catchy, though. It's about time this dude is getting airplay.
  2. So I've been working for a little over a month now at the new job. It's early into the new year, so I'm slowly being integrated into the team to work on multiple projects. Currently, I'm mainly supporting one application at the moment out of 27. So, not bad.
  3. I thought commute for me would be a pain, but not so much. Still, I get 50-60mins on the road one way on a really good day and between 75-90+ on a bad day (traffic, new drivers, trucks, etc). I used to get really pissed off on the road a few years ago, but not as much anymore. Still, a shorter commute would be better.
  4. I had dinner with Alex last week after work. The place is called Elephant Humps Jumps... Thai meets Western cuisine. We both had the chicken satay burrito. I told him about my plans to live somewhere near work, but in-state. Those are probably expensive, especially close to the beltway and metro stations. He suggested places near where he lives. The rent isn't too damn high and they're near the beltway. We'll see. My job is a long term project. I'm waiting it out to see if living closer is favorable and if my job is guaranteed to extend my contract.
  5. 2013 marks the 10 year anniversary of my graduating year in high school. The thing is we don't have a class president. So a few of us have organized and started planning for a reunion. It would be nice.
  6. It's been 2 years since my family and I went back to the Philippines for vacation. My parents are planning to do that this summer. It's probably too soon, though. I'm not strapped for money, but I'd rather not touch my savings. I also just started this job. That's still not clear.
  7. I'm officially caught up with Avatar (the Last Airbender and Legend of Korra)... Finally know the meaning of cabbage.
  8. The first thing I bought this year is a 4lb. sports hula hoop. I never learned how to do it. I could never make it stay spinning as long. It turns out that weight makes a difference. So I bought it, got it and tried it. I definitely had some muscle bruising, but its worth it. My record right now is 3+ minutes nonstop. Here's to more.
  9. I've been skipping breakfast in like forever. Usually, I wake up before 12 on weekends, if not after, so why bother? During high school, college and on the job, I skip breakfast to get more sleep. Well, things are changing now. I'm going to eat breakfast whenever I can.
  10. I accomplished this feat in December, but its worth mentioning anyway... I reached level 200 on my Hero, my main character, my first ever character that I created in 2006 in Maplestory. No hacks. No leeching experience from hackers or high-leveled characters. I'm not hardcore like other players who get to level 200 (max level) in 1-2 days, but I'm the first and only one among my college friends to actually get to level 200, legit. Now if only I can put that on my résumé...
I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment