Tuesday, August 21, 2012

"Can't Sleep, So I'll Make A" Post

Added some new songs on my playlist:
  • Florence and the Machine - No Light, No Light
  • Ludovico Einaudi - Divenire (you've probably heard this one in the Mother's Day P&G Olympic 2012 Commercial)
  • Sarah Brightman - Fleurs Du Mal (Immaculate voice for symphonic metal)
  • Simple Plan - Take My Hand
  • Infected Mushroom - Becoming Insane
  • Lady Antebellum - Just A Kiss
  1. Friday night was so-so. There's a new Pump it Up Machine in the movie theater at Arundel Mills. It's newer than what they have at Dave and Busters (DnB)... it's the latest arcade cabinet for the machine and it only costs $.25 cents. I feel bad for the one at DnB. If it doesn't make as much money, they'll have to shelf or sell it. Better upgrade to the latest machine and version. I played about half and half. Plus I wanted to see my friend who works at DnB.
  2. I watched the Expendables 2 on Saturday afternoon. It's the best comedy of the year... I think (/sarcasm).
  3. Last week was tax-free week in Maryland on clothes and shoes. I've done my share of shopping months before. It's also not good timing for buying fall/winter clothes, as the North Face and LL Bean are the only ones I know of that sell them all-year. I only bought a pair of undershirts from the Gap.
  4. Currently talking to 3 recruiters. Two have called back. I have a phone interview tomorrow (well, 2:00PM later). The company is two buildings away from my previous one. The recruiter is a building away. This should be fun. The other recruiter is planning an interview for Wednesday. Still waiting on her email/call.
  5. I completely forgot and missed out on the scuba diving deal my sister bought me for my birthday. I thought the deal would end next week, but it was August 4th. DAMMIT!!!
  6. Looks like I completed 4 thinks in my list:
    59 - Go on a cruise: And so I did.
    43 - Rock Climbing: There was rock climbing on the cruise. I didn't even realize this was on my list, but I just wanted to do it while on the ship. Great timing.
    31 - Travel/Visit northern places (Alaska, Quebec, etc): Well, I went to Alaska, Victoria BC and Vancouver. Mission Accomplished.
    02 - Finish a 2 pound (or more) steak in one sitting: There was a restaurant that served all kinds of meat on steel skewers. I'm pretty sure I ate 2 pounds worth of steak from the selection.
  7. One of my all-time favorite Final Fantasy tracks is Final Fantasy 10's To Zanarkand. I played this song during the National Honor Society ceremony in high school. I actually messed up in the middle, but I finished the song. My music teacher was so proud of me for finishing up that she made me honorary member of our high school orchestra. I still have the leather-bound sheet music folder to prove it. I still remember how to play it:

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment