Friday, July 2, 2010

Distorted View on Karma

I think people who seem to always get unlucky or the bad end of the stick with life have this distorted view on Karma. When you're down and always think you've never made it, all your hope just disappears and you find yourself becoming bitter and angry. Your entire life view is changed. You lose trust in people. You think that the only person you can really trust is yourself. You start seeing things in this distorted view on Karma. You can't help it. You're the product of your own making. It may be someone else or some event that led you to this point in your life, but it was you who allowed yourself to become this person.

People saying "Karma is a bitch" always gets me. I think it's more than that.

For all the things that has happened to me, I don't consider Karma in the works behind it. Things happen for a reason. Because I did something negative and something negative happens to me, it doesn't mean Karma. These two things are isolated events. Honestly, I believe in people too much for my own good. But we humans are just simple creatures. We are pattern seekers. We always try to find meaning in something. Case in point: Karma is a bitch. A negative action towards another results in a negative reaction towards you... NO IT'S NOT.

For those people who think they are unlucky, for all the bad things that has happened to them, a bad thing happening to someone else means it's not happening to them. Bad Karma happening to someone else... to them, it's Karma being a bitch. Justifying other people's misfortunes as bad Karma for something they've done says a lot about a person. It's really sad when you think about it. I feel sorry for them.

For all the recent things that has happened to me, both good and bad, whether it was my own doing or the effect of someone else or an event, they all happened for a reason. I may not like these outcomes, but they happen for a reason. I've had my ups with great news and accomplishments in my life followed by downs with really sad events and situations. Two completely isolated situations. Because we are simple minded, we find meaning and think it's Karma or the "Gods" (take your pick) punishing me or some universal law where I was setting myself up too high and needed to be brought down a bit to balance the universe....

...No. It happened for a reason. For me, it just wasn't meant to be. If I keep it all in, I risk myself becoming bitter. I'm seeing parts of it myself already. So I will accept it as it is. No hidden mechanisms in the works. I may not like how things turned out, but I'd rather be disappointed than be bitter and angry. Simple as that. It is what it is.

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment