Saturday, June 18, 2011

Nyan Cat Project - Material Gathering

So I'm slowly gathering all the materials needed for this project. The idea is not to make an exact replica of the Nyan Cat


So far, I've narrowed down what I exactly need and made some changes on my original list.

  • Bread-looking pillow case - I got 2 beige king size pillow cases. I could only buy a pack with 2. It looks like I'll be using both because I can't fit inside 1 pillow case with my broad shoulders. I'll be cutting them up and joining them on one side. I'll need a sewing machine for that (reaching for my inner seamstress). That means I'll have to ask my mom if she still have her mini sewing machine... OR

  • Handheld Sewing Machine - I'll probably invest in a handheld sewing machine. They're $15 or less. With my Amazon Prime account, it's a no-brainer. Then again, I don't see myself making these as much, despite being crafty. It's still up for discussion.

  • Probably foam for support - I'm gonna need some sort of foam support under the joined pillow cases. I'll probably find chopped up pieces from the bargain bin at Joann Fabrics or Michaels.

  • Pink fleece - I already have this from last year's Burupya Plushie Project which didn't took off because I don't have the right size needle/thread/sewing machine combo... and I just didn't have time to wing it. I'm no expert in creating plush dolls, but I've been known to produce epic stuff through shear focus and determination... such as this:

    It's a butterfly made out of wire and pantyhose.

  • Cat Ear Cap - It's on the way. I ended up getting a brown and a gray one. The brown cap was just too good to pass up.

  • Cat Paw Gloves - They're on the way.

  • Cat Paw Shoes - they're on the way.

  • Gray long sleeves - I have gray long sleeves, but they might be too dark for the hat/glove/shoe combo. Again, they're not hard to find and I can get them at the bargain bin. Also, I can wear them for winter. So win-win.

  • Gray pants/jeans - I might go and wear jeans... most likely it will accentuate my ass...et.

  • Cat nose - I got it at Party City.

  • Rainbow Cape - I got it in the mail. It was made for kids, but there's no rule about Nyan Cat's wearing them :P

  • Material to use for sprinkles... still deciding

  • Butt-load of Hot Glue - I really only need this to hot glue the pink fleece unto the pillow case. With a sewing machine, I'll get in touch with my inner seamstress.

  • Cat-like reflexes - still present.

  • Fun attitude - I wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't fun.

Things I'm considering.


  • Gray Face Paint - I'm just considering this because it's the middle of the summer in July.

  • Small speakers with Nyan Cat music - it requires small speakers. I'll be able to find them somewhere. I won't just be playing Nyan Cat. I'll be shuffling as well. So I guess you could call me the Shuffling Nyan Cat... cause "EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN'"

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment