Sunday, June 7, 2009

New blog, new start

Hi.

I had a blogspot site before blogs became big. It was for my high school's International Students Organization. I volunteered to create a site for the club: http://lrhs-iso.blogspot.com/ . It doesn't exist anymore. archive.org probably has it on file.

So, my name is stupidsystemus. The original is stupid_systemus. I've had this username for about 10 years now. I was trying to register an email account in Yahoo and all the names I wanted to register were already taken. This back in 1999. I got mad at the site's suggestions to twist my name to something else so it is unique. I was trying to register something max and their suggestion was something maximus. I thought to myself: "this is a stupid system." I was in a hurry and decided to name my yahoo email stupid_systemus. Every since then, this name has stuck.

I wonder: How did other people came up with their usernames?

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment