Friday, September 10, 2010

Brutal Legend ROCKS!!!

So the closest Toys 'R' Us store is closing in my area (It's literally within walking distance... less than a mile). Each Thursday they're giving discounts to all items. I almost bought an electric guitar for $96. I ended up buying 3 PS3 games: Brutal Legend, Dante's Inferno, and Nier. The first game I'm playing is Brutal Legend.

I have a soft spot for original games and this game just screams of it. If you liked Beyond Good & Evil and Kya: Dark Lineage or pretty much any action-adventure game... then you'll love Brutal Legends.

First Trailer

Mini-Spoiler Alert:

You play Eddie Riggs. The world's best roadie. His job is to make the world's worst rock band look good on stage without anyone noticing him. Such is the life of a roadie... when a stage set falls on top of him, instantly killing him. His blood trickles into his belt buckle, unbeknownst to him, is actually the amulet of the god Ormagöden. The stage transformed into Ormagöden, decapitating the world's worst rock band with his godly heavy metal scream. Ormagöden then takes Eddie's body to the Heavy Metal world. You adventure takes off from there.

Second Trailer


Everything in this game screams of heavy metal badassery. You can summon fire and lightning with your loyal guitar, Clementine. Not to mention causing an earthquake in the vicinity of your area by jumping and pounding the base notes and a guitar solo that will melt your face off... No, seriously, the guitar solo will melt your enemies' faces off. I'll let you judge the game for yourself by watching the trailers.

I've been playing my way through this game and I think I'm halfway done and pretty much scoured two-thirds of the game's world map with all the side-missions, collectible items, secret jumps, and other stuff. I've never been glued to a game as much as this since Metal Gear Solid 4. That's saying a lot right there. I'm officially back to gaming laughing. So I'm going to go back to my game and play some more.

I'll leave you with a clip of the first time you encounter the Guardian of Metal.


I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment