Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Diary of a Returning Gamer #5

Haven't written this in a while. Well here goes.

 Dancing and gaming melded together oh so nicely...

I'm back into gaming mode. On weekends, Friday and Saturday nights, I hang out with my Pump it Up friends. It's been like this for the past year. I've mentioned before I'm one of the only dedicated freestylers to this game among our friends. Everybody else just goes into BEAST Mode doing 7-10+ steps per second rounds, stepper style. Over the past 9 months, I've been incorporating shuffling, or rocking as it was previously called in oldskool style, into my freestyle routines. The hard thing is that most of the great freestyle songs are slower than 140-160 BPM (beats per minute). Of the ones that are within that range, the step charts are too fast to shuffle into. I'd look like this:

I made this GIF myself.

Then again, I haven't looked deep enough into all the songs. Maybe I'll find a good song within range, give or take 10 BPMS, shuffling tune, incorporate my freestyle routines and post a video. I'll keep it posted. I've sprained my ankle two months ago. Still recovering. Then there's the shoulder injury. Also in recovery.
Besides this, I'm playing God of War III and Heavy Rain. Also, Maplestory. I play in moderation now and don't do those 10-15 hour gaming sprints. New challenges awaits....

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment