Monday, August 31, 2009

Projection

It's dark.
I see a silhouette.
It looks like a boy.
The surrounding lightens up a bit.
I can see his face.
He looks lost.
He wanders around walking forward with no clear path in front of him.
His eyes tired. Heavy. Sad.
With no place to go, he goes up every door he could find.
He gestures forward as if to knock.
He raises his arm with clenched-fists.
His fist stops inches from the door.
He hesitates.
He's scared of what's on the other side.
He backs off and walks away.
He trudges forward again finding another door.
He performs the same actions.
This repeats for quite a while.
There's no way of knowing where this boy is going to.
There's a cloud looming above his head.
It's holding him back.
...
...
...
A snowflake starts falling.
More snowflakes start falling.
They washed away the darkness.
Everything turns bright.
The sun comes up on the horizon.
The colors came back.
The boy still looks lost.
The world around him continued and moved.
He's still stuck in the darkness.
He's not seeing the clear path even with the light.
Someone needs to guide him.
I walk towards the boy.
I looked down at him.
He looks up at me.
Without hesitation, I slapped him.
He looks back angrily at me.
I yelled at him.
"GROW UP!!!"
In an instant, he slowly vanishes.
In his place stood a man.
He looked at me with determined eyes.
From that moment knew.
Everything would be alright.

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment