Sunday, March 7, 2010

Burupya Plush Doll

So I'm really serious about creating the Burupya plush doll as one of my cosplay props. So far I've seen the stuff toy versions of these dolls. Mind you that there hasn't been an official toy being sold for 07-Ghost and most of the images I've seen are handmade or unreleased prototypes.

This is what Burupya looks like (A Fyulong Dragon in the 07-Ghost world.)

A stuff toy created by NeikoRae from Cosplay.com

a small Burupya keychain sold at kinkaku (I think it's a Malaysian website).

The "official" Burupya stuff toy that the 07-Ghost anime staff teased the fans with.

What I'm making is a plush doll version that can rest on my head or my shoulder. So I've been doing some research on plush doll patterns and decided to use and heavily edit a cat head pattern, a dragon plush doll body pattern, and an angel wing pattern. I already bought 1x1 yard of soft pink fleece cloth (Buying stuff toy cloth requires going to a place that actually sells them... my closest place that sells cloth is Joann Fabrics). I also bought pink feathers for the the neck.

I just finished creating the patterns for plush doll and all I need to do now is start sewing. After I'm done, my next project will be my second prop for my costume.

Teito's Bascule (staff).


I already screw-connected two 1x1x36inch wood making it a 6-foot wooden prop. Good thing it's not as heavy. As for the circular design at the top, I'm going to combine it Styrofoam, with the final product wrapped in duct tape. I'll probably get another wooden piece to form the cross at the top to make it stable and use circular Styrofoam for the circular design

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment