Sunday, March 7, 2010

Project Bascule Day 4-5

I finally finished my Bascule.

The entire thing is now covered in masking tape. All I needed to do was spray paint it. I needed 3 spray paint cans (I could have only used 2 out of 3). I also needed a thin wire to hang it so I can just paint it in mid-air in one go.


I used 1 Flat Glossy White spray paint, 1 Metallic spray paint, and one Clear finish spray paint. I coated the Bascule first with the white spray paint.



Here's what it looks like after covered in white paint. I left it for the night to dry. That was yesterday on Saturday (Day 4).

Day 5 is the completion. I spray painted it with the Metallic paint. I left it to dry for 4+ hours before applying the clear finish glossy paint. This gives it enough protection so that the metallic paint doesn't wear off.




The side effect to spray painting this masking tape-filled object is that the tape starts to peel off due to being wet. It's not much, but I'd rather not have it at all. That's the the only draw back to this. I wish I have all the tools for woodworking and not have to deal with this work around.

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment