Saturday, March 6, 2010

Lost and Found

One thing I remember growing up are the grown up advise by my elders to stop looking for it. For example, before I leave the house for school, I remembered that I forgot the TI-83 Graphing Calculator. I get back home and I can't seem to remember where I placed it. The more I try to think about where it was, the more stressed out I get for not remembering. My mom would always say to stop thinking about it. Stop looking for it and you're brain will eventually remember it out of nowhere. There's a psychological term for this, but I can't seem to remember it.

I've read from people who underwent the same circumstances as I did, though much, much worse. This one guy I talk to online was in a 5 year relationship. Because of their bitter break up, he was too depressed and couldn't do anything with himself. The only think to give his mind some peace is to move out of Australia. He lived in Greece for about a year bar-tending and working for a local farm harvesting olives. I felt the same way during my break up and was serious about moving back to the Philippines. Sometimes the country is not big enough for the two of you that either you or your ex will move out to another country. Another guy I talked to was in a string of bad relationships and on his supposed last relationship that went south, he had a moment and was going to swear off women for the rest of his life. In that instant, the stars just seemed to align perfectly for him and he met his then future wife.

Where am I going with this? My point is that the same principle applies to starting a relationship. You can't force it. You need to stop looking for it. You can't hurry love. Whatever happens, happens. Sometimes you'd think that person has no place in your heart, but things just happen and you realize in a blink of an eye that you can see yourself with that person.

I was watching Alice in Wonderland today with my parents at Arundel Mills. After the movie, I had about an hour to kill before church so I went to Dave n' Busters and played Pump It Up. There I saw a familiar face dancing on the game. First time I saw her was when I was waiting for my semi-blind date about 5 weeks ago. She was also playing Pump It Up. We were the only people playing the game. Heck, we were the only people that KNEW how to play the game. We just exchanged "hi's." That was 5 weeks ago. I saw her again today. After playing she saw me and waved at me. She told me one of the dance pads are broken, so we just took turns playing the single player pad and shadowed each other (game terminology: shadowing is the same as shadow boxing, in which you punch in the air to psych yourself up. In this case, shadowing refers to following the dance step arrows on the opposite player pad). Played for there for an hour. I had to leave early for church so I told her to "It was nice running into you again." It's nice seeing someone else who likes what you do. It's especially significant because not that many people play Pump It Up as well as I do, if not better. I wasn't really expecting this, but she asked for my Facebook page. I was wondering why she pulled out her HTC while I was still playing the game. She logged in to Facebook right on the spot and added me.

Of all the times a pretty girl asks for my Facebook page, it had to be when I'm detoxing away from it for 40 Days for Lent. I've been pretty good with the things I gave up for Lent. Just this once, I'm logging in to Facebook for 1 hour to accept her invites and clear all the cluttered messages/spam/notifications/farmville gifts/etc. I won't be talking to anybody else.

I'm not really expecting anything to happen. Like I said, I stopped looking. In some strange way like clockwork, The opposite is happening. I'm not doing the looking. I'm getting looked at, literally. Is it because of my longer, wavier hair? Is it because I'm on a horse riding it on the beach? Backwards? Nobody can tell. It's just a nice feeling, you know? On top of that, you can't ask for a better compliment than a pretty girl asking for your Facebook page... that's gotta be high up there in the compliment charts. Anyway, that's all I have to say about that.

P.S. I still got it.

This song pretty much sums up what I'm feeling right now.



I'm done.

1 comment: