Monday, April 12, 2010

#26. Audition for anything I know I can do

I'm not the best singer ever, but I tried my best. "Glee" is holding a nationwide audition until April 26 through myspace. I submitted my audition last night telling them my name, what I'm doing right now and why I want to be part of "Glee." After that video, I recorded myself singing to one of the songs in their casting call list. Most of these songs are out of my vocal range so I tried my best with "I Can't Fight This Feeling" by REO Speedwagon.

This is more than just another number off of my 101 List of Things To Do. I haven't auditioned for anything since I was in 4th grade. It was for school choir when I auditioned and they were looking for Soprano 1, Soprano 2, and Alto. My voice is closer to Tenor range and at that time I was in puberty. My voice kept going back in forth between Alto and Tenor. Let's just say that the only way I was to make it to that choir is to sing in Falsetto, which was hard with a breaking voice.

I took a lot out of me to submit my audition, but I'm glad I did. I'm not expecting to get a call back, but if I do I'm going to freak out.

I'm done.

1 comment: