Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Serendipity

Serendipity - the effect by which one accidentally stumbles upon something fortunate, especially while looking for something entirely unrelated.

I was on a semi-blind date. While waiting, I went to Dave n Busters and played the dancing game there. That's where I met her. I was only there for about 30 minutes before leaving. About 3 weeks later, I ran into her again in the same place.

She waved at me. She remembered me from last time. I didn't think I would see her again. We played the dancing the game for about an hour or so. It's school having someone with you while playing the game. Sometimes you get self-conscious if you're there alone while people are watching you play. As I was about to leave, I told her it was nice seeing her again. Just as I was about to leave, she asked if I have a Facebook account. She "friended" me on the spot. This is the reason why I couldn't complete my "No Facebook" Rule for Lent. I didn't want to be mean by not adding or confirming her request, so I logged in.

About a week after this, she messaged me asking how I've been. I responded saying I'm okay and asked her the same. She said she was tired. She also said she won't be able to make it to the mall on Saturday. However, she can make it on Sunday. I told her I guess I'll meet her there. She said she might not be sure so she gave me her cell phone number and asked for mine in case she can't make it.

We met that weekend's Sunday and the next week's Sunday after that, where we bought 2 grande Frappuccino with caramel on whip cream. We went around the mall for a while before parting ways and heading home.

My brain tells me not to go with this or I might get hurt again, but my heart tells me to go with it. I've spoken with a few people about this and they all tell me to just go with it... go with the flow, they said. Other people told me not to.

I learned about "serendipity" after watching the movie with the same title. That was... is one of my favorite movies. This thing I have right now... I wasn't looking for this. Things like this don't just happen every day. I'm not looking for a relationship or anything right now. I like hanging out with her. For more than a year now, I've been so depressed and angry. For the first time in a long time, I'm actually happy. If this doesn't scream the definition of serendipity, I don't know what does.

What do you guys think?

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment