Monday, April 19, 2010

Evenftul Weekend

Friday: My Dad's birthday.
Saturday: Finally went to Honey Pig. Finally watched 500 Days of Summer.
Sunday: Went to Dave n Busters and Coldstone.

Friday:

It was my dad's birthday. Before heading home I stopped by Best Buy to get my dad's gift. He's not too picky and he usually wants Best Buy gift cards. When I got home, we were still waiting for my mom to come home cause she just left the office. Good thing is we made a call-ahead seating at Outback... which is a life saver on certain days. I went to my room and changed out of my work clothes and got dressed up all spiffy. I brought my gift down and gave it to my dad. When my younger sister (2nd oldest... I'm oldest) saw it, she started laughing because she got the same gift card from Best Buy. My youngest sister also bought the same card from Best Buy. The funny thing about this is we bought this on separate occasions and we didn't really tell each other what we got for our dad.

We really are siblings.

We blew out the candle first because both my sisters had to go after dinner.

My mom ordered salmon. My youngest sister ordered pasta and my younger sister ordered the Outback Steak Special for something different.

The guys ordered the usual.... STEAK!!! My dad got the 20oz. Prime Rib steak and I got the 22.oz Melbourne Porterhouse steak. I ate very little for lunch and saved my appetite for this.

After dinner we went home and I watched TV for a bit before taking my youngest sister back to the dorm. She had to wake up early the next day to go with her friend for the DC Walk for Lupus.

Saturday:

I had the entire day all by myself. I was going to watch Kick-Ass but decided not to and just caught up with some of the shows I missed. I was also blogging about my take on the "Loving your enemies" saying (check my entry for Saturday 4/17). Long story short, My friend went to a Bible study and they were discussing about loving your enemy. She talked about what she learned from it and this got me thinking about what I learned from it. That's the topic of my blog.

It's been in the back of my mind for a while but I finally worked up the courage to ask my friend from college to dinner at Honey Pig around 3-4PM. I don't show it as much, but I'm really shy around women.

Anyway, so HTL and I went to Honey Pig at around 7:15pm and got seated in around 10-15 minutes. We talked about anything that came to mind. We talked about Glee, school, games... anything. I told her about the girl I met at Dave n Busters, how she's too young for me, and how my youngest sister does not approve. She told me about the age rule (divide your age in half, add 7 years to it and if the number is bigger than the other person's age, I'm too old for her). My number is bigger HAHA.

I talked to people about this and I get mixed reactions. Some say to do it while others say no. My youngest sister is probably the most expressive about this. She's the first person I told about. She told me "no kuya (big brother), she's too young. She's the same year age as me." The second time I mentioned I was hanging out with this girl at Dave n Busters she said "you're still hanging out with her?" in a questioning voice. She then gave me a blank stare of disappointment. Giving me a mad look is one thing, but giving me a disappointed look is the ultimate downer. I hate disappointing anyone.

Anyway, while eating dinner and talking about anything, the servers were really funny. They would disappear, attending other tables from time to time and then come back all of a sudden flipping the meat and serving the food to us. Our server kept putting food on HTL's plate. I guess she really wanted her to eat lol. One time the server came back, flipped a pork rib and then left in just 5 seconds. When the meat was almost gone, they shut off the cooker and they stopped going to our table. We just kept talking, time flew by and it looked like they forgot about us. We had to ask one of the cleaners for the check. Once they handed out the check, they didn't come back to us for a few more minutes and had to get one of the server's attention. We couldn't stop laughing about it. That was one of the weirdest and funniest experience ever from the place, making it more memorable.

I came up with a tagline for it... Honey Pig: Once you go in, you can never get out

After they finally sent the change back, we left and called it a night.

At home I caught up with a few of the shows I missed and watched Saturday Night Live before deciding to finally watch 500 Days of Summer. During dinner, we discussed 500 Days of Summer and she told me I should watch it and that I can relate to it. Alex already told me how good... no... great this movie is and that I can definitely relate to it. My youngest sister told me to watch it, too because I can relate to it. HTL said the same thing so I just ran out of excuses not to watch it. I guess the 3rd time's the charm .

I was blown away. I was able to relate to most of the scenes in the movie. It had me crying in the inside and laughing at the same time. It was a rollercoaster ride for me. I can't believe I'm actually going to say this.

HTL was right: 500 Days of Summer is better than Garden State.

The movie has officially knocked off Garden State as my top favorite movie. I can see myself watching this movie again and again. This movie is like my voice out there. Change a few key moment in the script and that movie would be about me lol. I'll be writing an in-dept analysis of the movie in future post sometime this week not because someone is expecting me to write one, but because I want to.

Sunday:

I finally got to wear my new shoes. These are white Puma sneakers. This is the first time since 10 years ago that I have white sneakers.

Went to Arrundel Mills and did a warm up fast walk around the mall twice before meeting up with my Dave n Busters buddy. I'm just going to start referring to her as my Dave n Busters buddy because I'm on the fence about the age thing and disappointing people. We walked around the mall before heading to Dave n Busters and playing the game. We were there for 3 hours playing non-stop before heading home. She's a great girl. She did tell me before that she's comfortable hanging out with me. She also said she's comfortable telling to me about things she would normally not tell other guys and that she doesn't really hang out with other guys. I'm just going to assume that she's really friendly and leave it at that for now.

Before I went home, I went to Coldstone near my house. The is the first time I've been to one and it was great. They have 3 sizes: I like it, I love it, and I gotta have it.

I ordered the I gotta have it Chocolate Devotion and I gotta have it Mango/Pineapple Smoothie. They were delicious, but I think I'm going to regret the ice cream in the next few days.


This has been an eventful week.

I'm done.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you did a lot of things this past weekend :)

    Dinner was pretty good... That picture looks familiar ;)

    I think I may have to check out "500 Days of Summer" one of these days.

    ReplyDelete