Monday, October 18, 2010

Diary of a Returning Gamer #3

I've been slacking off with Brutal Legend. I need to play that game uninterrupted. Meanwhile, I've stepped up my game with Pump it Up. The latest version, Pump it Up Fiesta has, by far, the best playlists of any versions of the game. The fact that you can upgrade the game via USB is a great addition. Also, in future updates, you can use your own stepcharts for certain songs.

If you're lucky enough to be here Maryland in Arundel Mills Mall on Friday and Saturday nights, you'll be seeing me light up the room with this game with my friends. I've been playing dance rhythm games since Dance Dance Revolution. That's about 8 years. We joke around that this is a second job for us.

Whenever we play, these are the questions that most people ask:

Do you have this game at home?

Did you memorize the game?

What are the arrows on the screen?

And this rare question... did you make this game?


What my friends and I do with this game is serious. I'm the only "freestyler" in the group and it takes a lot of work coming up with dance routines while stepping on the arrows at the same time. It's also a good workout.

I'm currently practicing and thinking of a routine for one song. Hope it goes well.

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment