Saturday, July 11, 2009

Missing Them

I've been avoiding this subject for a good 3+ months. I was very depressed when for the first 2 months. The last 4-5 weeks have been a very rough recovery. The only thing I could do is to keep myself busy with work, do as much as I can by myself and just enjoy life like I used to when I was just single.

Anyway, back to the topic. I know I shouldn't be feeling this. I miss my ex-girlfriend's family. I miss them all.

I miss her cute little youngest sister who never runs out of anything to say to me. She would talk to me about anything... her Yugi-Oh cards and Bakugan toys. She's a little bit spoiled, but she's youngest. It can't be helped. You can tell that she really loves her sister no matter how much her sister scolds her.

I miss her mom. When I first met her, I was a bit scared because of what she told me about her. But I like her once I got to know her more. She's strict with her kids. I can't blame her. I would be, too if I have 3 daughters. But she's the rock that holds the family together. No matter how mean the words she says when scolding her children, she means them in a good way. That's just how she was taught to raise children. If she won't do it, nobody will. I will never forget when she hugged me.

I miss her dad. We didn't really talk much. When we would see each other I would wave, nod or smile at him and he would do the same. He doesn't talk much, but you can tell that he's funny sometimes. He's also strict, but he rarely shows it when guests are around. Like all dads, you can't choose them. I respect him for staying with his family and taking care of them even if he doesn't show it.

Most of all, I miss her grandma. Even though she doesn't speak English, she always spoke to me when we are at dinner and asked if I'm still hungry or the food is good or whatnot. I wish I could hug her now.

I miss them. I hope they are doing well. I also hope they don't see me as a stranger now. I hope they don't hate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment