Friday, July 10, 2009

Positive Output

This person I subscribe to in Xanga talked about how we want to look good for someone we like. This reminded me of what I learned in Psych 101. I forgot the proper psychological term (any psych majors need your help) but it has something to do with producing a positive output out of something. The example the professor gave to the class at that time was "instead of hitting on your teacher whom you have a crush on, why not study and get good grades so she'll praise and notice you more." I think I was the only one in class that was doing a fake laugh at the time cause that's exactly what I did in high school.

I had a crush on my English teacher. Too bad she was married, though... damn... (In case you didn't know... well you guys wouldn't know cause I don't really talk about this a lot... I tend to have a crush on someone who's married or already has a boyfriend.... there... it's out... I finally said it)

That was my best class in high school. My reading comprehension and creative and essay writing improved by A LOT. I did my homework, read my books and completed my essays on time. All because I had a crush on my teacher, I got an A in class.

I can think of many instances where I created something positive out of having a crush. However, I'm not perfect. I've created negative output out of it as well. For what it's worth, I've had more positive output than negative... so yay me!!!

I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment